Skip to main content

The last time...




 Late last night, I was going through some small things and stumbled with this old Christmas Greeting card. I was stunned, amazed with the date written on it “Dec 14 1972” such an antique, a divine which leads me to ask my self, When was the last time I sent or received a Christmas greeting card from a friend or family members through snail mail?  Hmmmm...It took me an hour to response to my own question and I guess nobody’s doing it now!  

In this world were social networking site almost navigate our world, facebook, twitter, friendster and multiply...etc snail mail has become 19th forgotten.

So for this coming holiday I would go low-fi, not such a bad idea. There is something to be said about exerting the effort to buy stamps, mailing a letter and then waiting for it to arrive. When it finally does, there’s the anticipation of opening a sealed package meant only for another person’s eye. It’ll probably be quicker just to deliver the card personally, but I think having a stamped envelope arrive on one’s doorstep from a friend feels strangely more intimate and charming. 

I think we need a break from all this electronic stuff…. something about an old-fashioned way is hard to forget.

So today, I’m going to buy Christmas cards and send it to my love ones!

Merry Christmas!

Life is good!

Photography by me

Comments

  1. What a lovely Christmas card. And a wonderful idea. A couple of days ago my Grandma asked me to drop off her Christmas cards in the mail box. It was a nice feeling doing it even though I wasn't the "sender". And my Mum is making Christmas cards every year. She never buys them and I think that's a wonderful tradition and much more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starlight..the thoughts that counts not with the pricey card and I would love to receive one from your mom...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL! I'll tell her that she has to send you one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the idea too. it is indeed very intimate. i would feel very special to receive a snail mail than to read a private msg on facebook or an email..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Life is good and It would be my pleasure to read your comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camsur Watersports Complex: My first wakeboarding experience

Bicol Trip! After hours of journey from Cagsawa Ruins , through farmlands, mountains and breathtaking scenery of the region we finally arrived at CamSur.   We used the Starex Van for the 3 days bicol trip which owned by our friend and of course we have our fair share of  misfortunes.      Good thing our driver kuya Ceasar the one wearing white shirt was able to fix it. Thanks God!  Tuloy ang ligaya:)   Welcome to CamSur! photo via       We are all excited for the wakeboarding but since we been on the road for hours we first had our late lunch on thier own Clubhouse Restaurant & Bar    Patay gutom mode na!   Warning! Food Porn! all prices are reasonable Laing : traditional Bicolano dish of sautéed taro leaves in a spicy coconut milk sauce Bicol Express: Pork strips with baby shrimps in a very spicy coconut cream sauce. A Bicol Specialty! ...

Pico De Loro Beach & Country Club

With the scorching heat and searing temperatures this signal only one good thing: Summer Love! For those urbanites and young groups who have so little time to spare or those who do not look forward to flights. Pico De Loro Country Club offer the best of what summer can bring! It surrounds yourself in nature while taking in the best of sun, sea and leisure! They can now accommodate guests and non-members with their Pico Sands Hotel. So hindi na sya exclusive for members only!  The place is owned by SM investment Corporation. Pico De Loro is found along the sunny shorelines of Nasugbu, Batangas, Hamilo Coast. It offers residential condominiums, a hotel, beach, country club with the most extensive recreational amenities.     Pico Sands Hotel and Residential Condominium Buildings       The Hotel Room starts at around 7,000 and up. Good for 2 adults or 2 kids comes with free breakfast ...

Today...I deactivated my FB

Today, I deactivated my Facebook account. In this crazy world we are living everyone is looking for the two (2) L…Label and Love. I hate to say this but as I grow old I’ve learned to see life as good and live life to the fullest. My life has never been easy and it never been easy to be me! I just hate it when people on your FB friends list start creating a bad view of you and giving you a LABEL which not heaven to my ears. Questioning your life and even my family at whole is hurting me. Is this because of the pictures I uploaded and with the status messages? I really thought FB is a happy place so I joined into this social networking but I guess I have to take break and later on might consider true friends suggestions: privacy or blocked specific person. Yes, I’m looking for my own LABEL but not the label your giving me and for the other L…I’ll just have to wait for sure love department will give its big shot in the right time but with this shot I’m currently receiving is such a stre...