Skip to main content

Try : Colbie Caillat



The video was first posted to you tube on July 8 and it struck a chord with viewers. It has been viewed  21, 21,269.942 billion and had generated lots of passionate debate.

The song has a powerful message about appearance, acceptance and society expectations of beauty.

I love Colbie Cailat music since her first debut album Coco released in 2007. What I love about her is that she wrote and sings about simple, everyday things in an unassuming manner.  Every song has a soulful swing and sunny tunes which is hard to compare to other artist.

In her new single Try, from the album Gypsy Heart,  She stance against so-called perfection, encouraging women of all ages to embrace what they already have as they strip off the layers of make-up for the camera.

The clip features woman in diverse ages, races and boy type are shown singing along to such poignant lyrics as “When you’re all alone by yourself, do you like you?

One woman also removes a wig to reveal a bald head, and Caillat herself removes hair extensions and fake eyelashes.

The song finishes: "Take your make-up off/Let your hair down/Take a breath/Look into the mirror, at yourself/Don't you like you?/Cause I like you."

The song is a self-empowerment, urging every one of us to look deeper than the surface when it comes to ourselves.

You don't have to try so hard, You don't have to give it all away, You just have to get up, get up, get up; You don't have to change a single thing!

This is such a perfect song for the real world today’s society. We are pressured to live up to other’s expectations.

Ladies and gents, you are amazing and beautiful and should take a moment to watch this video:)

No Photoshop in this world that will make you a better person and tones of make-up. You just have to accept who you are and that you're beautiful and unique in your own way :)

Life is good!


Comments

  1. Very sweet song. I love empowering songs. They feel more significant and well meaning. Good for a pick-me-up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, you are very beautiful too Sunny!

    I love Colbie too, very pretty, nice voice and really meaningful songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appearance and Acceptance. I think I should add this on my playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This music made me tear up. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's nice to know her video clip is doing well in Youtube. i still have several of her songs in my regular playlist. she looks a bit older now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful song!
    ritaaflyatunova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the messages in her songs. Plus, all her songs are "singable". Love this song particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely song! :)

    Kisses
    Ritcha
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cool song, love it! xx
    http://www.littleprettymess.com
    Instagram @littleprettymess
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7279767

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a really strong message presented in a beautiful and moving way. Love it, thanks for pointing it out Sunny. Thank you so much for your really sweet message on my blog, you are so kind. Hoping all is well with you, love Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a lovely song. Just be yourself! :)
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful song posted by a beautiful blogger from a beautiful voice of colbie

    Yours
    Beautiful fan kulapitot char

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Life is good and It would be my pleasure to read your comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pico De Loro Beach & Country Club

With the scorching heat and searing temperatures this signal only one good thing: Summer Love! For those urbanites and young groups who have so little time to spare or those who do not look forward to flights. Pico De Loro Country Club offer the best of what summer can bring! It surrounds yourself in nature while taking in the best of sun, sea and leisure! They can now accommodate guests and non-members with their Pico Sands Hotel. So hindi na sya exclusive for members only!  The place is owned by SM investment Corporation. Pico De Loro is found along the sunny shorelines of Nasugbu, Batangas, Hamilo Coast. It offers residential condominiums, a hotel, beach, country club with the most extensive recreational amenities.     Pico Sands Hotel and Residential Condominium Buildings       The Hotel Room starts at around 7,000 and up. Good for 2 adults or 2 kids comes with free breakfast ...

Camsur Watersports Complex: My first wakeboarding experience

Bicol Trip! After hours of journey from Cagsawa Ruins , through farmlands, mountains and breathtaking scenery of the region we finally arrived at CamSur.   We used the Starex Van for the 3 days bicol trip which owned by our friend and of course we have our fair share of  misfortunes.      Good thing our driver kuya Ceasar the one wearing white shirt was able to fix it. Thanks God!  Tuloy ang ligaya:)   Welcome to CamSur! photo via       We are all excited for the wakeboarding but since we been on the road for hours we first had our late lunch on thier own Clubhouse Restaurant & Bar    Patay gutom mode na!   Warning! Food Porn! all prices are reasonable Laing : traditional Bicolano dish of sautéed taro leaves in a spicy coconut milk sauce Bicol Express: Pork strips with baby shrimps in a very spicy coconut cream sauce. A Bicol Specialty! ...

Today...I deactivated my FB

Today, I deactivated my Facebook account. In this crazy world we are living everyone is looking for the two (2) L…Label and Love. I hate to say this but as I grow old I’ve learned to see life as good and live life to the fullest. My life has never been easy and it never been easy to be me! I just hate it when people on your FB friends list start creating a bad view of you and giving you a LABEL which not heaven to my ears. Questioning your life and even my family at whole is hurting me. Is this because of the pictures I uploaded and with the status messages? I really thought FB is a happy place so I joined into this social networking but I guess I have to take break and later on might consider true friends suggestions: privacy or blocked specific person. Yes, I’m looking for my own LABEL but not the label your giving me and for the other L…I’ll just have to wait for sure love department will give its big shot in the right time but with this shot I’m currently receiving is such a stre...