Skip to main content

U! Happy Events

Last Saturday, mark of a new beginning! My first time to volunteer for U! Happy Events! I came across this foundation while browsing newsfeeds on my facebook account thru Coffee bean and Tea Leaf.

Kids Got Talent was held last Saturday at 3rd floor, CCF Makati and Big shift studio A-Venue Mall Makati Avenue, Makati City and was made thru in partnership with Coffee bean and Tea Leaf.

The main event was a Dance Showdown from 4 kids organizations namely Bahay Tuluyan from Manila, Little Lights from Cainta, Project Pearls from Ulingan, Manila and Tulong sa Kapwa Kapatid from Payatas. 10 participants per group from ages 8-14 was trained prior to the event day by partner, Big Shift Studios, one of the most prominent dance studios in the country. The dance showdown was similar to ABS CBN’s “Showtime” wherein dance will feature much creativity and skill.

Each volunteer was assigned to one kid as your dance partner as part of the activity. You don’t need to be a dancer to participate, all you need to do is be kid again, let down all guards, and remember how to play. You don’t have to worry because a volunteer dance instructor will teach the group with the steps and you will learn together which the exciting part! Pano naman puro kaliwa paa ko! Hahahaha! Kikay may kid partner was having a great laugh at me..kc naman di ko ma gets simpleng steps lang shongers na ako ..hahaha but I was happy that she was smiling and having fun.
         Kuya Harvad in action..To know more about his advocacy click this
   The exciting part! learning dance with the kids! kagulo portion ako ditey! di alam ng paa ko kung anong gagawin! :)
                                   dancing to the tune of without you by david guetta ft usher! this was fun! couldnt believe I'm    
         moving and shaking my body...hahaha!
       I love the U!happy dance!winner! pak na pak!
And then the Dance Showdown from 4 kids Organization
  Project pearls, Uligan Manila
 Bahay Tuluyan
Litttle lights
    Amazing Laser Show by Kuya JB

This experience is immensely rewarding. Volunteering isn’t about fixing the world’s problems in less than an hour a year or receiving recognition from everyone who reads this blog. It’s about contributing to sustainable projects and making positive adjustments in your own life.

As what Kuya Harvard says that if we give our time, resources and effort in a selfless way, not only will we make a difference, but we will return from the journey – literal or otherwise – changed and activated in some important way. A season of service can present a unique sort of inner and outer personal adventure.

So what are you waiting! sign up now and be involved! You may check thier official website at http://uhappyevents.com/ 

And please like thier facebook homepage: Uhappyevents and follow thier twitter account for more updates and schedules: uhappyevents

Or you can also follow my twitter account: Sunnytoast and I will get intouch with Kuya Harvard for upcoming activities and schedules and tweet it for you guys!

Remember change starts with U!



  Thank you happy Events for the heart warming experience and to my new found friends Volunteers!

 “Volunteers are not paid-not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless”

 Life is Good!


Comments

  1. love this - “Volunteers are not paid-not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganda ng event na pinuntahan mo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. truly this is an awesome event . love the last line girl. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to volunteer someday on events like this someday it is such a noble thing to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww super saya naman ng event na yan... God will bless you more kasi you offer yourself to be a blessing to someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sure looks fun! Ang cute mo siguro nun sumasayaw, hehe..

    Ang ganda nun last quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful activity! LOve the wacky shot of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ganda naman niyan! Ang saya ninyo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Looks like yal had loads of fun :)
    Seems like an amzing event!

    She Rockin Them Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! kahit di marunong sumayaw pwede? hehehe pwede siguro ako magvolunteer. sarap talaga mag involve ng ganintong klaseng events. napaka active mo naman sunnytoast


    just me,
    www.phioxee.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wanna try the without you dance step..nice venue and purpose at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gusto ko ding gawin yan minsan sumayaw at mawala sa dance steps hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww. So nice of you to be a part of this great campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a great and fun event... i wish i was there with you. i always love kids!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  16. very inspiring post...ang saya ng mga bata...:) You will be blessed...:) Keep it up dear!


    xx!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE it when people include themselves in things like this! -Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw you at RCBC Plaza Tower 2 hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such a nice heart to have the time for this Sunny! Bless you. The kids and the volunteers had loads of fun as I can see :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope there's more people to join in this kind of campaign. Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a very nice way to spend the day, just priceless! I'm sure you guys had a blast! Love the photos of the kids, it seems that they enjoyed the activities so much! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds interesting and fun! And the best part is, it's for a good cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is an amazing movement…i wish we can have something like it here in Cebu. love the happy looks on the kids' faces! <3

    ♥ bohemiam love at vanilla ice cream | a cebuana's personal style blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. ilove this ,,, mag sa sign-up ako now na!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wanna join next time! Please tell me :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. seems like a really nice time! :)

    http://allbrightness.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sunny,What a great thing to be involved in and what gorgeous kids. Very well done to you.
    Thanks for your comments, it is good to hear from you. Much love, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  28. How nice! It´s been a while since I volunteered and joined events such as this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ansaya naman parang Ansarap magvolunteer tapos may libre pang dance lessons. Congrats on this very noble endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sunny! Looks like successful ang event! the kids must have enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  31. How awesome!! Looks like fun was had by everyone. It pays to volunteer!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the valuable info you supply in your posts. I like your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This sure looks fun, if the smile on the kids' faces are any indication. I think it's to volunteer in an activity that involves the children. Their laughter is infectious, and their sunny disposition is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would love to volunteer for such event. There's a special place in my heart for kids.

    Hey, anyway, did you pushed through with your trip to Bicol? You didn't pm-ed me. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I used to be a CCF-er back in highschool! How I miss :)

    New follower here :)

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  36. I used to be a CCF-er back in highschool! How I miss :)

    New follower here :)

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks like fun! Kakatuwa naman yung mga bata. =)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nakakatuwa! Gusto ko din mag volunteer! :>

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nakakatuwa! Gusto ko din mag volunteer! :>

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great article. Thank you to tell us more useful information. I am looking forward to reading more of your articles in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the Event moments!

    Besos Chipless by Dave Aiman
    www.chiplessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. The Best at the best blog, so I love this site.

    ReplyDelete
  43. you've such a huge heart. keep that up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Life is good and It would be my pleasure to read your comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween

 Halloween here in the Philippines is not like the Halloween in the Western countries. Although it’s a big holiday (comparable to Christmas here), we celebrate it in a different manner. Halloween in the Philippines lasts from the eve of October 31 (or even before this day) to November 2. Due to our strong Catholic background, Nov. 1 and Nov. 2 are spent remembering our dead loved ones and these dates will usually find most of us in one place only: the cemetery or the memorial park. We don’t celebrate it with pumpkins or trick-or-treats (although this Western tradition is sometimes practiced in some families / subdivisions here). We celebrate it through candles, flowers, prayers and a visit to the cemetery. You might think we have a very boring Halloween here. I mean, cemeteries, graves, prayers, etc. make it look like a serious affair. Not so. Spending Halloween in the cemeteries is a fun event. It’s like a mini-reunion for families and friends alike, a chance to have fellowship with

Starbucks Planner 2012- time to ingest gallons of caffeine!

I don’t have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine…oh yes! I’m a self confessed coffee-holic. Last year, I suffered from gastritis due to over consumption of coffee but it didn’t stop me, my blood type is coffee and caffeine isn’t a drug, it’s a vitamin.:) So I switched to decaffeinated coffee (decaf). This coffee has less caffeine or 97% of its caffeine has been removed. It works with me. I no longer suffer from inflammation… goodbye antacids. I must admit that I love Starbucks,  (aaminin ko to, na-eenjoy ko talaga yung kape ng Starbucks bakit ba…social climber..OO ako na..hahaha.) so I often spend my rest day at WalterMart Makati Starbucks with a good book. Since it’s the nearest branch at di msyado maraming otaw…di magulo. Apart from their coffee, I’m a big fun of the yearly planner. Not for me but for my sister.  She has been receiving this gift from me for 3 years in a row na. sosyal at katapos back to 3 in 1 brown coffee na ulit...lol So by tomorrow, C

Today...I deactivated my FB

Today, I deactivated my Facebook account. In this crazy world we are living everyone is looking for the two (2) L…Label and Love. I hate to say this but as I grow old I’ve learned to see life as good and live life to the fullest. My life has never been easy and it never been easy to be me! I just hate it when people on your FB friends list start creating a bad view of you and giving you a LABEL which not heaven to my ears. Questioning your life and even my family at whole is hurting me. Is this because of the pictures I uploaded and with the status messages? I really thought FB is a happy place so I joined into this social networking but I guess I have to take break and later on might consider true friends suggestions: privacy or blocked specific person. Yes, I’m looking for my own LABEL but not the label your giving me and for the other L…I’ll just have to wait for sure love department will give its big shot in the right time but with this shot I’m currently receiving is such a stre