Skip to main content

There's gotta be more to life!


Oh my blog, how I miss theee….I actually wanted to update it, a lot of things have happened and I will try to share it with you in the coming days. I guess the most pivotal is visiting home 3 times within the past 4 months. The place where I belong and love is real.

It’s really surprising, even our dogs were mesmerized with my sudden chance. I guess it comes with the age…lol or should I say I become part of the animal kingdom with the highest stage of brain surgery…mature..lol. As you grow old spending time with your family matter most. Life is short, this is the best way to live the so called life.

Along with those long home vacations which mostly spent at home and the beach, I was able to write some sensible in  a most acceptable manner that my 16 gig brain cells can do.

1. Say Thank you a lot. This is truly one of the most powerful, underrated phrases in the English language. It packs a heck of a punch, encompassing positivity and impact in two little syllables. Many people have helped you get to where you are today. The guy who drove the taxi or jeepney, this morning for you to get to work on time. Nobody does anything alone. There are people we collaborate with all the time at home, on the playground, in work. When you say, "thank you" to someone, it means, "I couldn’t have done it without you.

2. I love you. I’m not saying you should throw this one around too much at work, but you catch my drift. Loving others gives us courage. Being loved gives us strength. The opposite of love is not hate; it’s indifference. And you don't have to wait for the four days of the year that are officially okay for you to say, "I love you" to significant people in your life via ready-made cards. Use the other 360 days! Surprise them but remember there are more things in life that are mere important than the love that we are looking for THE ONE:).

3. Saying No in the right time. There's one small risk in this entire mode of expression, and this word is your fail-safe. Two little letters, and yet they can be so powerful. Most important, they demonstrate that you care for yourself, which is a key prerequisite to caring truly for other people. Carry this one in your back pocket; use it when necessary. You'll find that the most positive and happy people you interact with respect you for doing so--and that can make you happy, too.

4.  Judgment is a way of life, but is always a reflection of who we are and what we value. Understanding the reasons we judge specific people will often reveal our own failings and weaknesses. You can’t stop others from judging you and honestly, for the most part, it is a waste of your time.

5. Your way is not everyone’s way and that’s awesome. Surround yourself with different kinds of people — with different beliefs, thoughts, and feelings. Having people agree with you all the time is boring.

6. You’ll never know everything but that shouldn’t stop you from trying. Realizing this is the moment you step past childhood fantasies, and into the boundless possibilities of a fulfilling adulthood.

And life we will always, always, seek to categorize. You can spend years trying to fight it or you can embrace and understand it. After accepting your ‘label’ you can then confidently say ‘fuck you.’ In the words of a fictional character, “Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.” (Ten points to Gryffindor if you know who said it.)


Life is good!

Comments

  1. Nice to hear este read about you Sunny :) Indeed with age and experiences, we get to know what matters. Agree to all of your realizations :)

    Natawa ako sa pagka relate mo sa animal kingdom haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I oftentimes get lost for words when I read something very relevant to my life. Such as this. Thanks for sharing your learning. Truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. As you grow older, you realize how important your family is to you and that you should spend more time with them. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! :) #5 is challenging at first lang naman. Buti ka pa nakapagwrite down ng thoughts while at the beach.

    Thanks for sharing these thoughts. :)

    By the way, my hometown is So. Leyte, but grew up in Manila and now based in Cebu. Kasabot ko ug bisaya na. :D

    Stay gorgeous!

    xx,
    Jewel
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're back!!! Yay! <3

    And yes, LIFE IS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously i love ur post.xoxo
    http://marselinashella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. Saying I love you to those you are close to means so much and saying thank you. I love that. These things MEAN something. Thanks! xoxo

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some very wise thoughts you're having! I think we could all benefit from embrace living in such a manner.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  9. agree... i love this post. food for thoughts :)
    thanks for sharing babe :)
    active ka ba sa fb?
    what's your name there?

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well written and full of wisdom. There will be more realizations as we grow older and sharing them here will surely benefit a lot of readers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I SUPER LOVE THIS POST!
    I agree with everything but my favorites would be numbers 1 and 5
    Kudos to this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love every bullet point :D such a good thing to read before i end my day.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. i miss reading your blogs and i miss making one too. oh well! this busy life sucks but i'm still thankful of my everyday. miss you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all important information. I’d like to see more posts like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Life is good and It would be my pleasure to read your comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween

 Halloween here in the Philippines is not like the Halloween in the Western countries. Although it’s a big holiday (comparable to Christmas here), we celebrate it in a different manner. Halloween in the Philippines lasts from the eve of October 31 (or even before this day) to November 2. Due to our strong Catholic background, Nov. 1 and Nov. 2 are spent remembering our dead loved ones and these dates will usually find most of us in one place only: the cemetery or the memorial park. We don’t celebrate it with pumpkins or trick-or-treats (although this Western tradition is sometimes practiced in some families / subdivisions here). We celebrate it through candles, flowers, prayers and a visit to the cemetery. You might think we have a very boring Halloween here. I mean, cemeteries, graves, prayers, etc. make it look like a serious affair. Not so. Spending Halloween in the cemeteries is a fun event. It’s like a mini-reunion for families and friends alike, a chance to have fellowship with

Starbucks Planner 2012- time to ingest gallons of caffeine!

I don’t have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine…oh yes! I’m a self confessed coffee-holic. Last year, I suffered from gastritis due to over consumption of coffee but it didn’t stop me, my blood type is coffee and caffeine isn’t a drug, it’s a vitamin.:) So I switched to decaffeinated coffee (decaf). This coffee has less caffeine or 97% of its caffeine has been removed. It works with me. I no longer suffer from inflammation… goodbye antacids. I must admit that I love Starbucks,  (aaminin ko to, na-eenjoy ko talaga yung kape ng Starbucks bakit ba…social climber..OO ako na..hahaha.) so I often spend my rest day at WalterMart Makati Starbucks with a good book. Since it’s the nearest branch at di msyado maraming otaw…di magulo. Apart from their coffee, I’m a big fun of the yearly planner. Not for me but for my sister.  She has been receiving this gift from me for 3 years in a row na. sosyal at katapos back to 3 in 1 brown coffee na ulit...lol So by tomorrow, C

Solo Travel: Why it's best while you're single?

In the decontextualized words of the Biebs “baby, you should go and love yourself” and nothing says loving yourself like going on a solo trip. With my total control and putting down all my fears behind and the value of the phrase “Go for it” I headed off on my first solo trip on the day of my birthday. I could tell you I decided to go away alone, because I wanted an adventure, I was about to burn out and needed a break and why Sagada? Not that I’m bruised ego or broken hearted or wanted to sing where do broken heart goes at the top of my lungs then shout out all my I’ll feelings at the Kiltepan peek. I know that it’s nice to have someone to cuddle with in Sagada’s cold temperature, one degree colder than Baguio, a walk town which is perfect for me ( love.. leisurely walk) . A close weather encounter to my dream destination. All I wanted is to be with nature, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. I want to commune with nature and be with myself again. #soulsearc